- Dr. Pamela Mellon has been honored with the Bernice Grafstein Award! This award recognizes individuals dedicated to women's advancement in neurosciences and who have made outstanding accomplishments in mentoring. Congratulations, Dr. Mellon!
- The UCSD Superfund Research Center at the University of California, San Diego will be active for an additional five years (2017-2022), thanks to another round of renewed funding from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- The NAFLD Research Center brings together multiple specialists from UCSD and elsewhere. This Center will include the efforts of UCSD-SRC investigators, Drs. Rohit Loomba, David A. Brenner, Michael Karin, and Robert H. Tukey.
- San Diego is home to 41 of the most influential researchers in the world (annual Thomson Reuters report). Drs. Michael Karin, Julian Schroeder, and Roger Tsien.
- Map of Superfund sites in the contiguous United States. A Superfund site is an uncontrolled or abandoned place where hazardous waste is located, possibly affecting local ecosystems or people. Red indicates currently on National Priority List, yellow is proposed, green is deleted (usually meaning having been cleaned up) [Photo courtesy: US EPA - Superfund]
November 08, 2017
PUBLICATION HIGHLIGHT Inflammation-induced IgA+ cells dismantle anti-liver cancer immunityStudy explains success of some types of cancer immunotherapy, provides new targets for the development of additional immunotherapiesResearchers from the UCSD Superfund Research Center in an impressive...
July 12, 2017
DETECTION AND MODELS OF TOXICANT EXPOSURE The Superfund Research Center (SRC) at the University of California, San Diego will be active for an additional five years (2017-2022), thanks to another round of renewed funding from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS),...
May 01, 2017
CENTER SPOTLIGHT Investigator awarded 2017 NIEHS ONES award Five researchers from San Diego to Boston were awarded the competitive NIEHS Outstanding New Environmental Health Sciences (ONES) awards. These R01 research grants are targeted for researchers who are defined by the NIH as Early...
March 22, 2017
On March 16th the Urban Studies and Planning Department at UCSD put on their annual 2017 Urban Expo. This Expo not only highlighted senior student's research projects, part of their capstone field research requirement for a BA in Urban Studies and Planning, but also how the Urban Studies and...
January 10, 2017
During the NIEHS FEST (December 6-8, 2016), Dr. Ilya Zaslavsky presented a suite of data visualization and mapping tools that he is developing for UC San Diego’s Superfund Research Center Research Translation Core. The technologies include online mapping and scenario analysis, and a survey...
Who are We?
Our Mailing Address
UCSD Superfund Research Center
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0722
La Jolla, CA 92093-0722